Thursday, August 11, 2005

Wow, I'ts been a while. I feel like so much has happened in this last week, though not a lot has actually changed. I guess just our plans.
I've been sick all week, and that's my excuse for not updating. I've been thinking about it, I just never seemed to get around to it until now.
I am actually excited about going back to school! I have lost my rebellious, antischool attitude, and replaced it with a more compliant, somewhat nerdy attitude. What has brought this all about is the brilliant idea to change my major. I've gone from earning my Bachelor of Music Education to a Bachelor of Arts in Music. The difference? Well, for starters, I don't have to take voice lessons ever again. That was my most stressful and demanding class over the last 2 years. Also, I no longer have to take my rising junior exam, which is AWESOME!! More importantly, I can finish my degree faster, and possibly move on to become a masseuse, after becoming certified, of course.
I'm really excited about my classes this semester. I'm taking Spanish, Weight Training, Chorus, Orchestration and Arranging, Oral Interpretation, Piano, Anthropology, and Recital Attendance. 14 hours, all together, which isn't bad. I think I will do just fine. For once, I'll be able to concentrate more on academics that earn more credits than worrying about my less credit music classes. YAY! I'm so excited about going back to school now.
Tony and I are also talking about getting an apartment. It's going to be virtually impossible for us to get approved for a home loan when he's getting out of the army and we don't know what job he will be doing after that. An apartment is just fine with me. That means we can move out sooner, and get our own place. We'll actually be on our own by the time he gets to come home... maybe. So, that's what's going on in my world lately.

4 comments:

Margie said...

Sounds like things are better for you now. I am so glad. Getting your own place will be good for you, too. You can spend time make it cozy.

TednLisa said...

I was happy to read your post. Good Luck at school

Liz said...

I am happy that you have a new outlook on life. That always helps your day to day attitude.

K A R I™ said...

Glad you are excited about school. I hope your teachers end up being cool!