Friday, November 18, 2005

mixed feelings

I'm going on a cruise with Ted, Lisa, Matthew, Shane, and Colby, and right now I have mixed feelings. Don't get me wrong. I am so excited about going. It's getting cold up here, and I'm ready to get out into some sun, and maybe actually swim in ocean water that isn't brown. It will be fun hanging out with all of them on the boat and visiting some islands. But, in spite of all this, I feel sad. I won't be able to talk to Tony at all while I am away. And now, knowing that this time tomorrow we'll be sailing, I feel awful. I look forward to talking to him every night. It's what gets me through the day. In fact, when Ted told me about this awesome opportunity, I almost said no, because I knew I wouldn't get to talk to Tony at all. But, at the same time, maybe I will have so much fun that the days will fly by, and I'll come home on our 1 Year Anniversary, and have so many wonderful things to tell Tony about my trip, that I will feel that much closer to his coming home. After all, if the date they've given him stays the same, Tony will be leaving Iraq exactly one month from our Anniversary, Thanksgiving, and Colby's Birthday. He will finally be coming home, to our very own home, for good.

2 comments:

K A R I™ said...

i thought you might not go for the same reason... focus on the fun good stuff though! I'm jealous of you and your cruise! You can always stay home and take care of Lucas and I'll go for you! LOL I know you'll have a blast... and you'll be glad you went.

TednLisa said...

Oh I hope we didn't tire you out too much. I just saw this post. I really appreciate you going and helping out with those crazy kids.