Monday, November 07, 2005

What IS going on?

I just got out of my Spanish class. I'm still trying to remember a whole bunch of vocab. Yay!
Ok, so, here's a little update on what's going on with me and mi familia. Mi padre is sequestered (spelling?) for some huge murder trial that's going on right now to decide if this guy should get the death penalty or not. Wow. That's one decision I hope I never have to make. I miss talking to him and just having him in the house. So, it's just me, madre, and abuela over here, plus Donna (random, but nice, soldier lady who is living here until she gets out of the army...) Abuela is driving me loca. She fell down last night, face first, and oh so much blood just started pouring everywhere. She panicked, as did I, and she kept blowing her nose, even though I was telling her not to, because that makes the bleeding worse. I said, "Breathe through your mouth, Grandma," which she answered with, "I caaaaaaan't," even though that's what she was already doing. After that, she started yelling at me everytime I left the living room because she didn't want me to leave. I couldn't be in the same room with her anymore. She just lost her last living brother this past week, so I guess she's a little more crazy than usual. I think the craziness is contagious.

So, in other news this week, I've put down a deposit on an apartment at King's Cove. It's a 1 br, 1 ba on the 2nd floor with a balconey thing and a walk in closet. I can start moving in on December 1st and have everything ready by the time Tony comes home in January. I'm so excited. I don't know how much stuff I have for el apartmento, and I won't know until I start moving stuff. I'm sure we'll get by just fine, though. I can tell you that I already have a beautiful martini set that Nicole got for Tony and I. It's not something I would have ever bought myself,and I doubt I'll ever use it because I'm weird and I only like to drink milk and water, but it comes with six glasses, a pitcher and a stirer thingy, and I like it. Yay for me.

Well, that's all for now. If any of y'all see me in the next few days, keep your distance. I have a cold. Blah

3 comments:

K A R I™ said...

I guess King's Cove it becoming quite the family tradition. Dad lived there when he was stationed here in Savannah before he met mom... and then that is where Curt and I first lived. We really liked it for the most part... just beware of the termites! LOL I miss living there for the location! It's so nice to be close to everything and so close to everyone.

TednLisa said...

Ah cold again. Ted has one too. Yuck! I am so excited for you.

TednLisa said...

I meant I am excited about the apartment not the COLD. Just normal old me LOL!!!!