Sunday, November 27, 2005

Moving on

Ok, I've been soooo grumpy fot the last few weeks whenever I go to church. I'm kinda realizing once again what I sort of already knew before. Tony and I need our OWN church, one that is a little more stable than the chapel. I'm kind of a little bit confused right now. The chapel holds some senitmental value for me, because it is where I grew up going to church and where I met and married my husband. But, even more than that, it has been the root of much of my frustration for as long as I've lived in Savannah. Since I've started helping with this kids church thing every Sunday, I feel like I've grown further and further away from the chapel. Everything about it seems to irritate me. Or maybe it's just being stuck with the kids.
I got really ticked off today, because the people who are basically in charge of leading the kids church never showed up. They didn't call or email or anything to let us know they weren't coming, so mom, Donna, and I were basically stuck improvising a whole stinking hour of kid's church. I really don't like doing stuff like that. Mom did a good job, getting it all together at the last minute. I really didn't have to do too much, which is good because I was so ticked off, I probably would have cried. Then, after church, when everyone was congregating outside and talking, I realized that I had no one to socialize with. I don't really know anyone my age who goes there anymore. I was so upset, and I just wanted to go home, but I had to wait 30 minutes more because I drove mom and Donna, and mom was still talking. (I told mom I'm gonna start waking up earlier so I can leave before anyone else, so I don't have to drive people and wait on them.)
So, I told Tony today about how I kind of want to look for a new church when he comes home, and he said that he really wants to go somewhere else as well. He doesn't like how much everything changes so often either. And I'm so relieved, because I didn't want to be selfish and pull Tony away from the chapel if he wanted to stay there. But, he doesn't, so I can finally get away! It's really not that bad, but it's just not right for me, and apparently for Tony either.

1 comment:

TednLisa said...

If you need me to visit around with you before Tony gets back I will. Just so you won't have to go alone.